Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!


Today was super productive. The husband and I had to go to the grocery store to get things needed for this next week of P90X. We are on Phase 2, Week 3. We always end up spending a lot on these trips. We had to make many stops today. 

First things first: Breakfast! I woke up early to get my daily Starbucks and some eggs from Kroger to make Sunday Pancakes. As soon as I got home I got to work and made the husband and myself 3, 3.6 oz whole wheat pancakes. The hubby couldn’t even finish his serving… I’m not going to lie, 10.8 oz of pancakes is A LOT! Especially when they are super dense made with whole wheat flour and wheat germ.
I lost more weight! Woo hoo!! I weighed myself before my massive food consumption occurred and I lost another .8 pounds. These little numbers are starting to add up. I was feeling pretty proud of myself considering how bad the hubby and I ate yesterday


After breakfast, we headed out for our multiple stops: Costco, the Asian Food store, HEB, Starbucks (yes, again) and Subway for lunch. We stocked up on the regular stuff at Costco: Turkey Jerky, Water, string cheese and Kashi Bars to get us through the afternoon snacks. From Costco, we headed straight to the Asian Food store to stock up on a few things. The asian food store is the place to go for cheap stuff. We can get a whole pound of fresh basil for less than $2. We also bought some shrimp and some tuna before we headed off to HEB. Then, we ate Subway for lunch and I may have snacked on some Halloween candy throughout the afternoon… Ok, I did… I ate some butterfingers and a reese’s peanut butter cup. I’m hoping we have leftover candy so I can try the recipe Halloween Bark from Annie. Not that I need it because it’s clearly not on the diet but I can give some away, right??

Lola is not a fan of the Halloween costume we bought for her. You're not supposed to eat it, silly dog.

Dinner was delicious. Filet Mignon with Pear and Peppercorn sauce and some portabella mushrooms. While I don’t really enjoy any of the workouts on P90X, I have been really happy with every recipe from their cookbook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment