Thursday, November 4, 2010

Skipping the Workout thing….


I haven’t been feeling well the past two days. I skipped yesterday’s workout, chest, triceps and shoulders and today’s workout, yoga. However, I am certain I will complete tomorrow’s workout, chest and back. Despite how much I hate the legs and back routine, I am really looking forward to tomorrow. See, tomorrow I am going on a field trip, which equates to a much needed break from my regular classes. This year has been absolutely exhausting, and it’s only the beginning of November. In fact, here’s a few conversations I’ve had this week… 

Mrs. Nguyen, do you have a child by the name of Chris?
No, I do not have any kids.
Oh, ok. I found this kid’s ID card and he had the same last name as you, so I figured he must be your kid or related to you somehow.

Hmmm… ok.. I’m 29 years old. How freaking old do you think I am to have a kid in High School??! Nevermind, don’t answer that. I don’t want to be depressed the rest of the day. And SERIOUSLY? NGUYEN is the most commonly used last name on Earth. Read a fucking book for once, kid… (LOL, that’s a movie quote… any guesses?)

And here’s another conversation from today:
Your assignment is on page blah, blah, blah. You need to open the book and complete the assignment. Do you all understand? Do you have any questions?
:a student raises his hand:
Yes?
Mrs. Nguyen, do you know what your first name means?
*sigh* Does anyone have any questions related to the assignment?

It reminds me of this youtube video my husband showed me. It absolutely sums up the life of a high school teacher. I will leave you with it. Watch it and revel in the fact that you are not a teacher. 


1 comment: