Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Whirlwind

What a whirlwind of a weekend I had! In fact, I am still recovering from all the stuff we did.

Friday night, we did our P90X leg and back workout. I use the term ‘we’ very loosely here, seeing as how only my husband actually did his workout. While he worked out, I was busy surfing the Internet. But, oh well… this is a new week! We had a pretty early evening because we were going to be up at the butt crack of dawn on Saturday. We always look forward to Saturday’s Phase II breakfasts. OMG, breakfast potatoes?! And eggs! SCORE!

Enter Saturday… We overslept, missed breakfast, rushed to get ready, made a smoothie and headed out the door. We took a day trip to Dallas, which was an all day affair because we do not live day trip worthy to Dallas. It was my husband’s niece’s birthday so we were at least able to see her for a little bit and help celebrate. She is soooo cute and it was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, we got home rather late, around 7:30 or so, and we skipped dinner. I was exhausted from the car ride so I immediately got home and ready for bed. Needless to say, we skipped Kenpo X on Saturday…

Sunday was a little more relaxing. I was able to get a little bit of work done and my husband was able to go to the grocery store for us to get groceries for the week. P90X is tough… I’m not going to lie. It is A TON of work. Yesterday I spent 45 minutes chopping vegetables for today’s lunch. We are always cooking (again, using the term ‘we’ loosely). My husband does most of the cooking. But it pays off. I have lost about 5 pounds (more or less on some days), and I can tell a difference in my body. I’m sure I could tell more of a difference if I cut back on the daily Starbucks.

I made a dessert full of my leftover Halloween candy and took it with us to Dallas. It was a hit! Of course it was, it was from Annie’s Eats, what do you expect? She is awesome. Here is the recipe:




Ingredients
1 pound bittersweet chocolate bar
8 fun size Butterfinger candy bars, chopped
3 1.4-ounce Skor or Heath toffee candy bars, cut into irregular 3/4-inch pieces ( I omitted)
8 fun size peanut butter cups, each cut into 8 wedges
1/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts
3 ounces high-quality white chocolate, chopped
Reese's Pieces and/or yellow and orange peanut M&M's

Line baking sheet with foil. Stir chocolate chips in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until melted and warm to touch. Pour chocolate onto foil; spread to 1/4-inch thickness (about 12x10-inch rectangle). Sprinkle with Butterfinger candy, toffee, peanut butter cups, and nuts, making sure all pieces touch melted chocolate to adhere.

Put white chocolate in heavy small saucepan. Stir constantly over very low heat until chocolate is melted and warm (not hot) to touch. Remove from heat. Dip spoon into chocolate; wave from side to side over bark, creating zigzag lines. Scatter Reese's Pieces and M&M's over, making sure candy touches melted chocolate.
Chill bark until firm, 30 minutes. Slide foil with candy onto work surface; peel off foil. Cut bark into irregular pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment