Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Where to Begin?

Yesterday was a pretty good day as far as the diet and fitness went…

I had to eat 1 cup of oatmeal (A LOT!), topped with ½ oz of raisins, 8 oz skim milk and 1 tbsp of protein powder. Breakfast was amended slightly to my liking; I topped it with about 2 tbsp of Libby’s Canned Pumpkin and about 1 tbsp mixed nuts. Also, my 8 oz of milk was actually a triple grande, three pump, non fat, no whip Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. It was only a few minor changes!
 
Lunch was chicken pasta pomodoro and dinner was:
6 oz extra lean burger patty
1.5 oz low fat cheddar cheese
2 cups salad greens with cucumbers and tomatoes and 2 tbsp dressing.
I should have also had ½ cup of fresh berries but have you been to HEB looking for berries in October? It’s not a pretty sight. Most of them are moldy, or they look like they will die by the time you get home from the grocery store. It’s so not worth it… We are considering trying frozen berries, now that we have the Vitamix!
Yesterday’s dinner was delicious!

I also did the Core Synergistics workout, which is not my favorite. Actually, I guess I can say that about all the P90X workouts. I always feel so much better after I finish them though, that’s the only thing that keeps me going.
When it was time for bed, I washed my face with my new toy: the Clairsonic face/body 
I must say it was awesome!! (Please note, this was not given to me by the company to review).
I have wanted one of these things for a few Christmases now, so when I saw it offered on qvc I ordered it right away. I felt a noticeable difference in my skin just after one use. CRAZY!

I will leave you with a not so great picture of my not so great smoothie I made yesterday. Still working on recipe ideas for the Vitamix…



What’s your favorite smoothie recipe?



No comments:

Post a Comment