Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fun Times, Better Beer

Today was a pretty good day! I woke up at 7:15 to the yummy smell of brisket in the house. My husband smoked a brisket this morning for his brother’s 21st birthday today.

After I woke up and munched on a couple bits and pieces of brisket, I got ready for the day and had my daily Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. When I got home my husband had already cooked us our Saturday P90X breakfast: Breakfast Potatoes and 2 eggs over medium. I forgot to take a picture so I will instead show you my husband’s picture/portion. My pile of potatoes was about half of that. 

We packed up the brisket and sausages and headed out to Saint Arnolds Brewery. It was so fun! We arrived and purchased our glass and 4 tokens for beer tastings. We found the rest of the family and dug in to the food. I ate 1 slice of wheat bread stuffed full of brisket, bar-b-que sauce and a pickle. Then I had some sausage slices stuffed in another slice of bread topped with bar-b-que sauce. Soooo good. 







CAKE! Hubby and I shared a slice. And, yes, the brother in law did get a Hello Kitty birthday candle!



I also drank 2 glasses of St. Arnolds Lawnmower brew. I actually liked it. It was really light and I prefer light beer.  

I came home, took a nap and woke up to make a smoothie FAIL. I will never get the measurements right for a decent smoothie. This one was bland so I threw it out and instead, I broke into the Halloween candy bag and ate 2 fun size butterfingers. 

I read some blogs and decided to do some Kenpo X. Kenpo X was actually pretty fun today. I think it’s growing on me! Beats the heck out of leg day…

All this P90X talk has gotten my parents to start the program. Their first day is Monday so I wish them lots of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment