Friday, October 22, 2010

P90X dieting - Green Apple Salsa


















My husband and I are in Phase 2, week 1 of P90x. This week was especially hard for me, as I was feeling ill most of the week.
The menu for Phase 2 is full of carbs and lots of food. I hope I can keep up with the grueling workouts. But the food, so far, has not been disappointing.
I loved the Green Apple Salsa on Day 4 and it was served on top of 6 oz of baked salmon. However, it also tasted delicious on top of a tortilla chip. Not that I would know, because that is not part of the diet plan  ☺
It was so good so I wanted to share it with you...


Green Apple Salsa
Ingredients:
3 plum tomatoes, chopped
1 cup Granny Smith apples, chopped
½ cup cucumber, chopped
½ cup corn kernels, chopped
½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
¼ cup green onions, chopped
¼ cup red onion, chopped
2½ tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1½ tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp jalapeno, chopped (seeded, if you prefer)
1 tbsp balsalmic venegar
1½ tsp sugar
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients, stirring well. Serve at room temperature or chilled

Source: P90x cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment