Sunday, October 24, 2010

Vitamix is in!













(source: qvc.com)




Meet our newest member of the family, The Vitamix. 

I have been wanting a Vitamix for a long time. Every time I see the demonstrations at Costco, I am in awe at what this machine can do. You want a delicious Roma tomato, celery, spinach, carrot smoothie? Coming right up… I wouldn’t have concocted that combination in my wildest dreams, but somehow watching the Vitamix blend it all up makes it look ah-mazing. 

It’s a very hot item in the blogging community. I have quite the list of things I want to try that I have seen on the fitnessista.com. However, I think my first recipe will be my favorite combination of pb+chocolate. 

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
2 cups chocolate milk
3 bananas, frozen
2 tablespoon peanut butter (or half cup unsalted, dry roasted peanuts)
1 tablespoon protein powder

Put everything into the Vitamix and blend on high until smooth (around 1 minute). Pour into serving glasses and enjoy!
Makes 3 servings. Approximately 250 calories per serving.

My diet was a little bit off today. I went to visit family and ate at Pluckers in San Marcos for lunch.  I had about 4 boneless buffalo wings, tossed in Buffalo Hot sauce plus some fries and some appetizer of potato chips and melted blue cheese.  It's been a while since I have eaten there, but it was as good as I remember. I have officially lost 5 pounds since I started P90X, so this will be a minor bump in the road... I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment